Marty Latz’s Biography
One of the most respected and recognized voices in the negotiation space today, Marty Latz is an author, international speaker, and the founder of LATZ Negotiation. Since 1995, Latz has taught more than 100,000 lawyers and business professionals around the world how to negotiate more effectively – including in Hong Kong, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Prague, Brussels, Seoul and Bangkok. U.S. President Barack Obama is one of Latz’s former students.
Latz also negotiated for The White House nationally and internationally on The White House Advance Teams, and was an Adjunct Professor of Negotiation at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University for ten years.
Author of Gain the Edge! Negotiating to Get What You Want and his latest book The Real Trump Deal: An Eye-Opening Look at How He Really Negotiates, Latz has appeared as a negotiation expert on CBS, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, PBS and many more. He and been interviewed or written articles for Politico, Vanity Fair, USA Today and others. He also has written a monthly negotiation column for various newspapers since 1999. Latz received his law and negotiation training at Harvard Law School, where he graduated cum laude.
About The Real Trump Deal
The Real Trump Deal: An Eye-Opening Look at How He Really Negotiates examines the negotiating strategies of the world’s most famous negotiator. Love him or hate him, the book captures valuable lessons anyone can use.
Trump’s deal-making past provides insight as to how he will negotiate with the rest of the world as President of the United States. Our future — our safety, credibility and prosperity — rests on his skills. Learn why some of Donald Trump’s negotiations prevailed — and why others failed. What can we learn from these real-life deals?
Donald Trump himself has provided unprecedented transparency and insights into his business negotiation strategies in his books and interviews. His counterparts have also not been shy — as evidenced in their interviews and testimony in the more than 4,000 Trump-related lawsuits. We know what he did. Trump Tower. Taj Mahal. The Apprentice. President Trump has also now negotiated with Congress and the world. Do presidential negotiations require different strategies?
Fine out how to use his effective strategies — and avoid his counterproductive ones. That one new tactic you gain may make the difference between walking away a winner and leaving empty-handed.
For Media Inquiry
Marty Latz has been interviewed and seen on CBS, Fox Business, CNN, Politico, and many more. In addition, he has taught more than 100,000 lawyers and business professionals around the world.
For press inquiries, email [email protected] or call 1-602-740-7305.
- Politico: “Why Trump’s Aggressive Tactics Make Him a Less Effective Negotiator” by Marty Latz, July 12, 2018
- USA TODAY: “Three reasons Donald Trump Iran ploy will fail” by Marty Latz, May 11, 2018
- CNN: “Trump’s history of dealmaking guides his quest for the biggest deal of his life” June 11,2018
- Politico: “He Pretty Much Gave In to Whatever They Asked For” June 1, 2018
- Globe and Mail (national Canadian newspaper with 300,000 subscribers): “Beating the Trump Card: How to stand up to a bully in negotiations” July 12, 2018
- Vanity Fair: “Nothing may have a more direct impact on the safety, security, and prosperity of the world than Donald Trump’s negotiating skills.” – Marty Latz, June 1, 2018
- The Week: “Trump didn’t get a great deal on The Art of the Deal“ June 1, 2018
- Hebrew Newspaper: “Donald Trump’s (real) persuasion strategies” October 11, 2018
- Dutch Newspaper: “Trump enters his conversation with Kim Jong-un as a self-appointed master negotiator. But is he really that good?” July 18, 2018
- Swiss TV news: “Focus: Trump – the great negotiator” June 12, 2018